The Tax Manager will be responsible for all tax compliance matters related to Longroad Energy and its affiliates. Compliance matters include predominately Federal and State Income tax filings for partnerships. The Tax Manager will also be responsible for compliance with sales and use tax, general excise tax, and property taxes. The Tax Manager will report to the Chief Accounting Officer and will also work closely with the CFO in a fast paced, growing renewable energy company organization.
- Oversee outside tax accounting firms in the performance of their duties as preparers of U.S. federal and state income tax returns.
- Maintain tax books in the general ledger (converting GAAP to Tax). Calculate taxable income for our Companies and provide information to our outside accounting firms to prepare the returns. Review returns prepared by the outside accounting firms.
- Develop and maintain a compliance calendar for corporate, partnership, sales/use, and property tax filings.
- Prepare quarterly and annual tax work papers for outside audit and tax firms.
- Prepare quarterly tax estimates for equity investors.
- Research complex tax issues and determine impact on projects and investors.
- Ensure that the company is in compliance with requirements of all tax related matters, including income, payroll, sales and use taxes, real estate, annual and miscellaneous taxes.
- Manage and assist with audits by various federal and state taxing authorities.
- Respond to tax notices.
- Develop and maintain proper policies and procedures for tax department.
- 3-7 years prior experience in tax compliance, ideally with U.S. Partnerships.
- Solid tax technical skills, strong analytical and organizational skills, and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or Finance required – CPA/MST is a plus.
- Must be well organized and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complicated multi-state income and sales/use tax issues.
- Project management skills, proven track record managing projects, and outstanding organizational skills.
- Strong tax knowledge of U.S. federal and state tax law.
- Strong research, analytical and communication skills.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- A collaborative style and a can-do attitude.
- Comfortable with fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about alternative energy.
- Integrity and accountability.