The Sr. Tax Associate will assist with all tax compliance matters related to Longroad Energy and its affiliates. Compliance matters include predominately Federal and State Income tax filings for partnerships. The Sr. Tax Associate will also assist with sales and use tax, general excise tax, and property taxes. The Sr. Tax Associate will report to the Tax Manager and will also work closely with the CAO in a fast paced, growing renewable energy company organization.
- Work with outside tax accounting firms in the performance of their duties as preparers of U.S. federal and state income tax returns. Assist in reviewing and filing returns prepared by the outside accounting firms.
- Maintain tax books in the general ledger (converting GAAP to Tax).
- Calculate taxable income and provide information to outside accounting firms to prepare the returns.
- Track and manage a compliance calendar for corporate, partnership, sales/use, and property tax filings.
- Prepare quarterly and annual tax work papers for outside audit and tax firms.
- Preparing quarterly tax estimates for equity investors.
- Assist with audits by various federal and state taxing authorities as well as respond to tax notices.
- 2-4 years prior experience in tax compliance with U.S. Partnerships
- Foundational tax knowledge of U.S. federal and state tax law
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting – CPA/MSA/MST is a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, and the ability to communicate effectively
- Must be well organized and interested in working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in renewable energy is ideal, but any fixed-asset intensive industry would also be desired (e.g., real estate, aircraft leasing)
- Foundational tax-technical research skills
- Public accounting experience
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- A collaborative style and a can-do attitude
- Comfortable with fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly
- Passionate and enthusiastic about alternative energy
- Integrity and accountability