The Sr. Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for leading the preparation of all GAAP financial statements and will support the Director of Financial Reporting and Chief Accounting Officer in the analysis of technical accounting issues. This role is primarily responsible for (i) preparation of financial statements and other financial information presented to management, investors, lenders, analysts, and other parties and (ii) preparation of technical accounting memos and position papers.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements, footnotes for consolidated entities as well as subsidiary and third-party stand-alone statements. This includes compiling and maintaining all supporting documentation.
- Work with various personnel and departments to collect information and input into the above referenced reports; coordinate, review and collect comments on the various drafts; prepare support files; challenge the appropriateness of disclosures; complete all relevant disclosure checklists and reporting questionnaires.
- Work with project accountants to ensure reporting deadlines are met on a monthly basis.
- Assist with technical accounting research and documentation of new policies and procedures including the monitoring of emerging accounting and reporting rules being deliberated by the SEC, US GAAP, PCAOB or other regulations.
- Preparation of pro forma financial statements in support of financing transactions.
- Support the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Maintenance and update of consolidated reporting structures in the company’s accounting system, along with preparation/oversight of partnership income allocations (HLBV).
- Assisting with audit requests from the external audit team, facilitating timely delivery of requested items and resolution of issues as they arise.
- Assist with month-end close and financial statement review.
- 2 years of experience in external financial reporting in a complex organization with consolidations.
- 2 years audit experience.
- Up to date with current U.S. GAAP with strong technical accounting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Dependable, consistent and very detail oriented.
- Strong computer skills in general, and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Big 4 audit experience.
- CPA designation or actively pursuing.
- Combination of private industry and public accounting experience.
- Experience with Certent Disclosure Management and experience with XBRL tagging.
- Experience with Sage X3.
- Experience with Blackline.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- A collaborative style and a can-do attitude.
- Comfortable with fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about alternative energy.
- Integrity and accountability.