The purpose of this position is to perform the efficient and safe operating and maintenance of multiple solar generating facilities from DG to Utility scale including troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining mechanical and electrical systems.
- Perform maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, balance of plant and operational activities on fixed and single axis solar tracking systems, collection lines, combiner boxes and panels.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner ensuring adherence to all Longroad policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Demonstrate procedural compliance in all site operation and maintenance activities by following established procedures.
- Ensure site equipment is kept at the highest possible standard maximizing availability, reliability, efficiency, and profitability.
- Report all scheduled and unscheduled work performed.
- Willing to work up to 60 hour per week + if required, including nights for necessary maintenance activities.
- Able to work overtime and non-standard working hours (nights, weekend), when needed.
- Effectively communicate with all members of the team and/or subcontractors as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Travel as needed.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively.
- Technical 2 – 4 year college degree or comparable Solar Industry certifications training preferred.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in operations and maintenance of a solar facility including balance of plant activities.
- Experience troubleshooting hydraulic, mechanical, electrical systems, combiner boxes and inverters.
- Able to perform quality control inspections and create reports on work completed by contractors or other techs performing work on site.
- Familiarity with CPR, First Aid, Hydraulics, Voltage Test Procedures, Lock Out – Tag Out, Infrared Testers, Multimeters, Amp Clamps, Megohmmeters and torqueing and tensioning procedures.
- Working knowledge of monitoring systems SCADA and DAS
- Candidates with knowledge of OHSA 10, NFPA 70e and NABCEP Certification preferred
- Able to identify and classify problems, critically evaluate data, establish facts and share logical conclusions.
- Proficient computer and software skills including Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions including but not limited to: excessive noise, extreme heat, extreme cold, wet environment, and humidity
- Ability to frequently utilize hand functions requiring fine motor skills including but not limited to fine manipulation, grasping, and pinching
- Ability to frequently utilize gross motor skills including but not limited to: pushing, pulling, and reaching
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry objects weighing 25 pounds or less such as inverters or ladders
- Ability to transport materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks (up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds with assistance)
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- Personal accountability and Integrity
- Ability to make informed decisions in a quick and nimble fashion
- Comfortable with a work environment that is fast paced and changes quickly
- Ability to work within a team with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic about the renewable energy industry