The purpose of this position is to perform the efficient and safe operating and maintenance of multiple solar generating facilities from DG to Utility scale including troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining mechanical and electrical systems.
- Perform maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, balance of plant and operational activities on fixed and single axis solar tracking systems, collection lines, combiner boxes and panels.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner ensuring all Longroad policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Have the capability to work up to 60 hour per week + if required including nights for certain maintenance activities.
- Have the capability to work on call during nights and weekends as needed, including during inclement weather.
- Effectively communicate with all members of the team and/or subcontractors as required.
- Complete projects assigned by Management.
- Travel as needed.
- Technical 2 – 4-year college degree or comparable Solar Industry certifications training preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in operations and maintenance of a solar facility including balance of plant activities.
- Experience trouble shooting hydraulic, mechanical, electrical systems, combiner boxes, inverters etc.
- Able to perform quality control inspections and create reports on work completed by contractors or other techs performing work on site.
- Familiarity with CPR, First Aid, Hydraulics, Crane Hand Signals, Voltage Test Procedures, Lock Out – Tag Out, Infrared Testers, Multimeters, Amp Clamps, Meghommeters and torqueing and tensioning procedures.
- Able to identify, classify problems, evaluate data, establish facts and put forth educated conclusions.
- Report all scheduled and unscheduled work performed.
- Proficient computer and software skills, familiar with Microsoft suite products.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- Personal accountability and Integrity
- Ability to make informed decisions in a quick and nimble fashion
- Comfortable with a work environment that is fast paced and changes quickly
- Ability to work within a team with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic about the renewable energy industry