This position is responsible for ensuring solar special projects are completed according to schedule, at an above industry standard of quality, to the full satisfaction of the contract, and within budgetary guidelines. Special projects can be defined as recommissioning, relocating or decommissioning a plant. It can also include retrofits and/or design upgrades. Responsible and accountable for host relationship, scope, cost, schedule, company liability, and quality. Responsible for all monthly reporting and leading and managing all assigned project controls.
- Understand, plan and execute commercial solar projects in accordance with the terms of the contract and specifications.
- Support and manage client interactions, communication, invoicing and on time payment.
- Schedule, manage and attend client, vendor, jobsite and technical meetings, as required to effectively execute the project.
- Create accurate project budgets, change orders, and manage P&L throughout the contract period.
- Create and regularly update project schedules using Microsoft Project or similar.
- Produce detailed monthly project update reports for review by the Director of Solar O&M and/or client.
- Effectively facilitate project close out activities, including but not limited to; testing and commissioning, site inspections, asset management documentation and final handoff meetings.
- Direct and oversee contractors and internal staff as needed.
- Attend meetings as a company representative as required
- Prepare and present reports and presentations as required.
- Perform additional tasks as directed by management team.
- Travel as required.
- Prior experience as a Project Manager in the renewables industry.
- 3+ three years of contracting and project management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a PE and/or PMP preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within a project and multiple projects from conception to completion.
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to clearly present the Company and business concepts to both internal and external customers.
- Experience with project risk management and mitigation.
- General understanding and ability to use project scheduling software and methodology.
- Familiarity with contracting procedures, project contracts and negotiation, engineering practices, construction techniques, solar plant technologies, and regulatory issues required.
- Experience with environmental and governmental compliance
- Valid driver’s license
- 24/7 on call availability when on project
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- Personal accountability and integrity
- Highly organized and efficient work habits
- Ability to make informed decisions in a quick and nimble fashion
- Comfortable with a work environment that is fast paced and changes quickly
- Ability to work within a team with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic about the renewable energy industry