The Solar Asset Associate is responsible for supporting the asset management program for all solar operating projects.
- Serve as the main customer interface for the solar portfolio, including data acquisition requests and preliminary contractual requests for rate discrepancies.
- Maintain PUC registrations and applicable paperwork, working with asset management team and counsel where applicable.
- Maintain REC registry registrations and change of ownership forms to keep projects compliant.
- Own document management for the solar asset management team and keep charge of warehousing, control versions, etc.
- Administer the asset management platform, providing correct permissions to users inside and outside the company.
- Respond to data requests from asset managers and outside parties, quantifying and analyzing historic operational data.
- Provide revenue allocations to collateral agency banks where there is confusion on what contract revenues pertain to.
- Partner with accounting team during debt payment intervals to ensure complete and timely debt payments to lenders and project operational vendors.
- Maintain files with running accounts of various parameters that are key indicators for the asset management team (costs, generation, recs, etc).
- Assist in monthly reporting compilation for lenders.
- EIA Compliance Reporting.
- Asset Management Compliance tracking.
- Minimum of 3 years of related industry experience. Knowledge of and experience working with accounting, finance, and operations preferably in the power generation field. General knowledge of technical operation and performance of power projects.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Experience with renewable energy is strongly preferred.
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to identify and solve a wide range of business problems.
- Ability to manage multiple issues and clearly articulate principles, concerns, and solutions for resolution of those issues.
- Working knowledge of accounting concepts, financial reporting, and finance metrics
- Must be able to work irregular work hours occasionally, including overtime as required.
- Strong time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- Personal accountability and integrity
- Ability to make informed decisions in a quick and nimble fashion
- Comfortable with a work environment that is fast paced and changes quickly
- Ability to work within a team with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic about the renewable energy industry
|Job Category||Asset Management|