The Solar Procurement Specialist has primary responsibility for administering the Longroad Energy Services (LES) procurement program for solar parts and other supplies required by operating solar energy installations. This individual will focus on decreasing costs by identifying opportunities to increase the number of parts being rebuilt, identify the best value vendors for parts, and centralize purchasing of supplies needed by operating sites on favorable terms. This position is also responsible for designing and monitoring procedures to protect the value of inventory and improve the accuracy of record keeping at stock locations. As needed, this individual will also assist with day to day transactional responsibilities of the LES Solar Service department.
- Coordinate with Solar Manager(s), or members of the team, to find the most competitive pricing, lead time and warranty for all parts, in such a way as to maximize the value to assets and minimize downtime.
- Assist in annual evaluation of solar spare parts program to ensure we are minimizing downtime and minimizing safety stock based on lead times.
- Coordinate and complete parts ordering including solar and balance of plant site supplies and work with sites to ensure proper delivery. Monitor P/C levels and place orders to maintain those levels.
- Assist with procurement process for balance of plant parts and services, as needed.
- Work with Procurement and Project Controls Manager to monitor parts consumption and manage inventory at all projects to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Invoice usage in an accurate and timely manner.
- Coordinate with 3rd Party Service Providers for field work and delivery of parts needed for scheduled repairs and if utilizing LES stocked parts, to show consumption.
- Coordinate and manage 3rd Party Service Providers return to vendor process to ensure tracked in our systems and warranty is closed or repairs are completed.
- Cross-train to complete all turbine technology parts and turbine consumable ordering and serve as back-up to these functions.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to maximize return and minimize equipment downtime.
- Minimum 3-5 years previous experience supporting solar energy operations and equipment.
- Strong working knowledge of solar parts and their functionality.
- Strong vendor relationship and ability to communicate needs.
- Highly organized with a demonstrated capability to develop procedures and tracking systems.
- Experience working in web-based platforms and databases.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Capable of self-management; will use a general set of objectives to develop a work queue, then prioritize and execute this queue without day to day direction from manager.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- Collaborative style and a can-do attitude.
- Comfortable with fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about alternative energy.
- Highly organized, able to multitask and manage multiple projects efficiently.
- Integrity and accountability.
|Job Category||Asset Management|