This position will assist with the operations and maintenance activities at smaller solar energy power generation facilities across a wide geographical area on behalf of Longroad Energy. The Solar Operations Manager will help to coordinate and organize subcontractor activities, site technicians and regional support. Ensuring timely and cost-effective support of all solar sites in the Longroad Energy Portfolio.
- Manage portfolio of Distributed Generation (DG) solar sites across the country.
- Ensure team and/or contractors are maintaining accurate site records of all events and day to day activities.
- Ensure all documentation is accurately completed in our work order management system.
- Review monthly reports and identify/question abnormalities, dips in site performance and/or significant events.
- Assist with preparation for customer monthly conference calls.
- Assist with tracking equipment warranties and claims.
- Create and maintain wash and vegetation schedules for all sites within assigned portfolio.
- Coordinate Corrective Maintenance (CM) activities, vegetation abatement and washings across all sites through existing contracts or RFQ.
- Aggressively pursue return to service of solar sites by working with vendors and OEMs.
- Help to ensure each project operates within budget.
- Recommend capital improvement projects to increase site availability or output.
- Recommend adjustments to part inventory levels to increase uptime as required.
- Assist with creating, reconciling approved out of scope activities against contractor invoices.
- Assist with planning, tracking and managing special projects.
- Attend meetings as a company representative as required.
- Assist with compiling data and/or research for reports and presentations as required.
- Perform additional tasks as directed by management team.
- 2-4-year college degree or comparable work experience and training
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Experience in renewable energy industry
- Computer proficiency required
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with people at all levels
- Highly motivated with the ability to work on a team as well as independently and drive results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing distributed assets
- History with older solar equipment, vendors, and solutions
- Training from solar OEMs in trouble shooting
- Experience with medium and high voltage
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- Personal accountability and integrity
- Strong drive to succeed
- Must be highly organized and able to coordinate multiple activities simultaneously
- Comfortable with a work environment that is fast paced and changes quickly
- Ability to work within a team with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic about the renewable energy industry