The purpose of this position is to oversee the efficient and safe operating and maintenance of wind turbine generators including troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining mechanical and electrical systems on various wind turbines. The Site Turbine Manager will directly oversee one or more turbine technicians and shall manage their activities.
- Present schedules, work orders and/or assignments for work activities based on priorities set by Operations Manager and professional experience.
- Develop cost effective programs to further operations and maintenance.
- Manage, educate and mentor turbine technicians. Responsible for real time and annual reviews of those under direct supervision.
- Investigate accidents and injuries.
- Create reports as required by Operations Manager and Longroad Energy Services.
- Oversee site WTG spare parts and tool inventory. Order and replace used/lost inventory so as not to affect park production.
- Manage part warranties to Company standards and interests, including submittal of required warranty forms.
- Provide oversight of safe and reliable wind turbine operations, site personnel and contractors (including the creation of site procedures and policies).
- Lead by example to ensure compliance with all Longroad Energy Services processes, procedures and policies while maintaining standards of the corporate code of conduct in all employees under supervision.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulations in all concerns, including but not limited to environmental, NERC/FERC, local laws and regulations.
- Complete projects assigned by OM or others.
- Required to complete a list of standard training, including but not limited to: CPR/First Aid, OHSA, self-rescue (descent/ascent), high angle rescue, arc flash, LOTO and general crane safety
- Travel as needed.
- Wind Industry certifications / training required, Technical 2- or 4-year college degree or comparable preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in operations and maintenance of a wind or energy facility.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience.
- Experience trouble shooting mechanical and electrical systems.
- Able to identify, classify problems, evaluate data, establish facts and put forth educated conclusions.
- Prior budgeting, project management and contract execution experience.
- Proficient computer and software skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Comfortable working at heights and the ability to perform essential physical functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation; this includes climbing 300’ wind turbines, lifting 50 lbs. above head, and meeting the weight requirement of safety gear, 310 lbs. or less.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- Personal accountability and Integrity
- Ability to make informed decisions in a quick and nimble fashion
- Comfortable with a work environment that is fast paced and changes quickly
- Ability to work within a team with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic about the renewable energy industry