The Performance Engineer will be responsible for optimizing the performance of wind and solar assets owned and managed by Longroad Energy through enhanced data analysis and reporting. This position, which reports to the Director of Engineering, will be an expert in the technical analysis of data characterizing the fleet performance and will utilize this expertise to maximize the performance and reliability of the fleet.
Preference for this position to be based in Portland, ME however other locations are also available.
- Own the process for providing standardized and on demand reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and standardize data models for characterizing and reporting solar and wind performance key metrics.
- Develop and standardize data models for identifying sources of under-performance from wind and solar plants.
- Coordinate with other members of the engineering and operations team to implement solutions to improve performance and reliability.
- Support asset management and operations with targeted performance analysis as required for compliance with project agreements and as requested by project counterparties.
- Manage data quality to support accurate reporting.
- Assist in the development and management of data infrastructure to support analysis.
- Aid in the development of new business opportunities for the company.
- Attend meetings as a company representative as required.
- Present results of work to external counterparties and project owners.
- Travel to sites, conferences and client meetings up to 10%.
- Perform additional tasks as directed by management team.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field
- 2 to 5 years prior engineering, statistics or data analysis experience
- Experience with the operation of wind and/or solar plants preferred but not required
- Experience with Python, R or similar programming language
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with Excel or similar spreadsheet software
- Able to communicate clearly regarding technical issues
- Valid driver’s license and able to drive in/out of Canada
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- Excellent written and oral technical communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and within teams, both at the project location and remotely
- Perseverance, determination, and creativity to solve issues
- Personal accountability and integrity
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly
- Comfortable with a dynamic work environment
- Ability to work within a team with a positive attitude
|Job Category||Asset Management|