The purpose of this position is to oversee the efficient and safe operation of the power plant. This includes assuring and documenting compliance with all codes, regulations, and contracts as well as managing the onsite turbine contractor.
Location: Hancock County, ME
- To oversee all Operations and Maintenance activities for a wind power generating facility to include but not limited to; Substation & HV work, collection system equipment, balance of plant activities and wind turbine generator (WTG) units.
- Develop cost effective programs to further operations and maintenance.
- Provide oversight of safe and reliable wind farm operations and site personnel and contractors (including the creation of site procedures and policies).
- Person who leads by example to ensure compliance with all Longroad processes, procedures and policies while maintaining standards of the corporate code of conduct in all employees under supervision.
- Interact with local utilities, regulatory agencies, local government/community and landowners.
- Monitors and controls plant operating budget and budget forecasts.
- Manage site contracts and warranties to the standards and interests of Longroad.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulations in all concerns, including but not limited to; environmental, NERC/FERC, local laws and regulations.
- Complete projects assigned by ROM or others.
- Travel as needed.
- Technical 4 year college degree or comparable certifications / experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in operations and maintenance of a wind or energy facility.
- 5 years supervisory experience.
- Budget / Project Management experience.
- Contract execution experience.
- Government regulation compliance experience.
- Organized, leadership skills.
- Proficient computer and software skills.
- Comfortable working at heights and the ability to perform essential physical functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation; this includes climbing 300’ wind turbines, lifting 50 lbs. above head, and meeting the weight requirement of safety gear, 310 lbs. or less.
- Valid driver’s license.
- 24/7 on-call availability.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- Personal accountability and Integrity
- Ability to make informed decisions in a quick and nimble fashion
- Comfortable with a work environment that is fast paced and changes quickly
- Ability to work within a team with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic about the renewable energy industry