We are looking for an HR Specialist to join our team! The ideal candidate will have sound judgement, strong communication skills and the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment. The HR Specialist will assist with providing general HR support in areas such as payroll, employee relations, company policies/practices, new hire orientation, compliance, diversity and performance management.
- Primary responsibilities and focus of the role are providing day-to-day HR administration.
- Manage and process payroll, including time keeping, payroll taxes, and benefit deductions. Audit payroll and resolve payroll discrepancies.
- Ensure successful year-end processing and W2 creation.
- Manage employee relations with an unbiased, balanced approach and a high degree of discretion
- Assist with Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) partnering with managers on documentation, plan initiation, feedback and execution.
- Administer employee Leaves of Absence programs.
- Conduct on-boarding of new hires, to include orientation, coordination of new hire paperwork, benefits overview and enrollment.
- Ensures timeliness, accuracy and integrity of data in HR and benefit systems.
- Initiates background checks.
- Process, verify, and maintain personnel records and other HR related documentation.
- Maintain human resource information system (HRIS) records and compile reports as needed.
- Perform assignments where trust, discretion, and accuracy are required, while maintaining confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care.
- Assist and support with HR communications as needed and assigned.
- Support annual performance management process.
- Assists in implementing new HR processes and programs.
- 3 years of progressive HR experience in fast paced, dynamic and high growth environment.
- 2 years of experience in employee relations, with emphasis on employee relations and human resources policy implementation.
- Strong thinker with good judgment and assertiveness to voice continuous improvement ideas.
- Understanding of Human Resources concepts, practices, programs, and methodologies.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook) required.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources Management or related field, Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- Self-disciplined, well organized with high level attention to detail with a high sense of urgency.
- Works effectively with others, in groups, in cross-functional settings, and with diverse stakeholders internally and externally.
- Working knowledge of Human Resources and labor laws and regulations.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- Comfortable with fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Self-starter with desire to succeed.
- Integrity and accountability.
- A collaborative style and a can-do attitude.
|Job Category||Human Resources|