Longroad Energy is seeking a GIS Analyst to support a variety of activities related to the design and engineering of Utility-scale Solar projects in North America. The candidate will also potentially be responsible for supporting the migration of ArcGIS desktop to an Enterprise GIS and establishing new processes for integrating high-resolution elevation and Lidar data into existing workflows.
- Work closely with a fast-paced development team to provide sound GIS analysis for the design and engineering of new solar projects.
- Undertake site suitability assessment and ensure compliance with environmental and building permitting requirements.
- Streamline ArcGIS to AutoCAD data conversion processes.
- Develop processes for integrating high-resolution elevation data into existing workflows.
- Design data processing workflows and automation tools to streamline complex tasks.
- Support the conversion of ArcGIS Desktop processes and workflows to ArcGIS Pro.
- Organize, manage and archive GIS datasets produced by Longroad staff and outside consultants in a complicated storage folder structure.
- Produce high-quality maps for presentations, posters, legal submittals, reports, permit applications and other project-related activities.
- Strong working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS 10 desktop, including Spatial Analyst.
- Two years of relevant work experience.
- Master’s degree in GIS or other related field. Bachelor’s Degree may be substituted with 2 years professional experience demonstrating proficiency.
- Knowledgeable with a variety of GIS data sources, methods for data acquisition, automating geo-processing tasks for repetitive procedures, common data projections, and synthesizing multiple data types, including LIDAR and other elevation datasets.
- Highly organized with excellent cartography skills, a creative outlook and an artistic eye.
- Able to work independently and perform assigned tasks with reliability, honesty and discretion.
- Continuously and actively develop industry and professional knowledge, skills and expertise.
- Interest and willingness to learn and undertake solar energy modeling.
- Possess a professional demeanor and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to explain job-related information to various internal and/or external audiences (manager, coworkers, etc.).
- Energy sector or solar energy experience in utility, commercial or residential/small commercial environment.
- Experience automating processes with python and model builder.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Experience with ArcGIS Server or Portal.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- A collaborative style and a can-do attitude.
- Comfortable with fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about alternative energy.
- Integrity and accountability.