The Financial Reporting Manager is responsible for leading the preparation of all externally distributed financial reports and will support the Chief Accounting Officer and Assistant Controller. This includes the preparation of financial statements and other financial information given to lenders, analysts, and other outside parties.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements, footnotes for consolidated entities as well as subsidiary stand-alone statements. This includes compiling and maintaining all supporting documentation, including accounting memos and position papers.
- Preparation of pro forma financial statements in support of financing transactions.
- Implementation of new accounting standards.
- Maintenance and update of consolidated reporting structures in the company’s accounting system, along with preparation/oversight of partnership income allocations (HLBV).
- Assisting with audit requests from the external audit team, facilitating timely delivery of requested items and resolution of issues as they arise.
- Preparation and review of analytics at the consolidated and stand-alone reporting levels
- Coordinate the reporting activities with treasury and project finance groups to assure that various reporting deadlines are met.
- Maintain timely communication with stakeholders, keeping them informed of all material financial and reporting issues.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4-5 years of experience in external financial reporting.
- CPA designation is required; Big 4 experience is strongly preferred.
- We are looking for a strong leader with excellent communication skills who thrives in a high-growth environment.
- Up to date with current GAAP (including ASC 606 and ASC 842).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Dependable, consistent and detail oriented.
- Strong computer skills in general, and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with Certent Disclosure Management desired.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- A collaborative style and a can-do attitude.
- Comfortable with fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about alternative energy.
- Integrity and accountability.