The Financial Reporting Manager is responsible for leading the preparation of all GAAP financial statements and will support the Director, Financial Reporting and Chief Accounting Officer in the analysis of technical accounting issues. This role is primarily responsible for (i) preparation of financial statements and other financial information presented to management, investors, lenders, analysts, and other parties and (ii) preparation of technical accounting memos and position papers.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements, footnotes for consolidated entities as well as subsidiary and third-party stand-alone statements. This includes compiling and maintaining all supporting documentation, including accounting memos and position papers.
- Preparation of pro forma financial statements in support of financing transactions.
- Implementation of new accounting standards.
- Maintenance and update of consolidated reporting structures in the company’s accounting system, along with preparation/oversight of partnership income allocations (HLBV).
- Assisting with audit requests from the external audit team, facilitating timely delivery of requested items and resolution of issues as they arise.
- Preparation and review of analytics at the consolidated and stand-alone reporting levels
- Coordinate the reporting activities with treasury and project finance groups to assure that various reporting deadlines are met.
- Maintain timely communication with stakeholders, keeping them informed of all material financial and reporting issues.
- 4 years of experience in external financial reporting in a complex organization with consolidations.
- 2 years audit experience.
- CPA designation is required.
- Up to date with current GAAP (including ASC 606 and ASC 842).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Dependable, consistent and very detail oriented.
- Strong computer skills in general, and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Big 4 audit experience.
- Experience with Certent Disclosure Management.
- Experience with Sage X3.
- Experience with Blackline.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- A collaborative style and a can-do attitude.
- Comfortable with fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about alternative energy.
- Integrity and accountability.