The Associate, Origination & Development will be responsible for supporting the Origination and Development teams at a fast-paced, rapidly growing renewable energy company. The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative and communication skills and be flexible with an ability to work on a variety of projects and tasks.
- Support the origination of long-term structured transactions
- Lead the preparation of written proposals in response to Request for Proposals
- Create and maintain marketing materials for presentation to customers, partners, etc.
- Develop customer and marketing plans for various market segments (e.g., corporate, coops)
- Manage database(s) to track RFP and proposal activity, and to grow customer relationships
- Participate at industry conferences, meetings and site visits
- Support the Company’s strategic plan through management and reporting of (i) Longroad’s renewable energy development pipeline, and (ii) project capital needs
- Perform market research to identify market opportunities and risks
- Prepare analysis and materials for Longroad management, Investment Committee and Board
- Assist in the creation and execution of wind and solar project development plans
- Engage in various project development activities (e.g. prospecting, lease negotiations)
- Support M&A activities (e.g. opportunity screening, due diligence, internal approvals)
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or a related field is preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional work experience; preference for candidates with experience in the energy field, corporate development, management consulting or banking
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative abilities, with a deep understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization in a positive, collaborative manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including familiarity with proposal and presentation preparation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Must be able to uphold highest standards of discretion and confidentiality and exercise good judgment on day-to-day decisions.
- Flexibility in work hours and responsibilities to assist with closings and during high activity periods
- Position requires limited travel (~10%)
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- A collaborative style and a can-do attitude.
- Comfortable with fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to solve problems and make informed decisions quickly.
- Attentive to details and efficient.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about alternative energy.
- Integrity and accountability.