The Environmental Manager will support all aspects of permitting for wind and solar energy projects.
- Support project development teams with screening and siting of prospective solar and wind energy projects;
- Environmental due diligence on prospective M&A projects;
- Manage consultant teams to secure necessary permits and enhance project value through environmentally appropriate siting and design commitments;
- Represent Longroad before regulatory and resource agencies in permitting and compliance matters;
- Support project development team in community relations and public meetings;
- Ensure environmental compliance during project construction;
- Participate in renewable energy industry and natural resource forums on behalf of Longroad.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Natural Resources, Anthropology, Planning, Land Use or a related field.
- 8+ years of experience in environmental impact assessment and permitting, preferably in renewable energy development, energy generation and/or transmission industries.
- Well-versed in the technical issues often encountered in wind and solar energy development including wildlife and habitat assessments, cultural resource assessments, and other environmental variables.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, NEPA and state-equivalent programs and processes, local environmental permitting processes, and permitting and compliance issues.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, including proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Willingness to travel throughout the U.S. up to 50% of the time for periods of up to a week at a time.
- Master’s degree in Environmental Science, Natural Resources, Anthropology, Planning, Land Use or a related field.
- Prior management of environmental consulting teams including issuing RFPs, reviewing proposals, scoping, budgeting, and scheduling.
- Knowledgeable in site development, construction environmental compliance, erosion/sedimentation control, stormwater management planning, civil engineering concepts, site plan interpretation, CAD and GIS.
- Prior experience working with project teams and regulators to address permitting issues.
- Ability to work constructively with stakeholder groups to resolve and mitigate potential conflicts, present permitting plans in public meetings, and an in-depth understanding of critical permitting issues facing wind and solar development.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- Personal accountability and integrity
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed team player.
- Problem-solver with an ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to make informed decisions in a quick and nimble fashion
- Comfortable with a work environment that is fast paced and changes quickly
- Ability to work within a team with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic about the renewable energy industry