The Director of Origination will be responsible for originating long term revenue agreements at a fast-paced, rapidly growing renewable energy company. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing new business and transacting with a large network of renewable energy buyers. Candidates must have an ability to work independently and with minimal staff support; possess strong communication skills and be well organized with the flexibility to prioritize a rapidly changing workload. The successful candidate will participate in an industry-leading compensation program. The role requires travel to support potential customer engagements, industry conferences and meetings with new or existing business partners.
- Senior commercial position responsible for originating long term structured transactions; maintains long standing relationships with clients and prospects.
- Negotiates structured transactions with corporate buyers of renewable energy, municipal utilities, coops, electric utilities, large industrials, retail aggregators and other wholesales customers.
- Displays strong quantitative and analytical skills and can effectively communicate new and complex revenue structures to potential customers, Longroad management and third-party capital providers.
- Develops data-based recommendations and solutions that will collectively help the Longroad team assess market opportunity for wind, solar and storage.
- Maintains a list or database of potential contracting prospects and is effective in managing the funnel and in prospecting new opportunities.
- Represents the Company at industry conferences and frequently participates in industry panels and presentations to build awareness of the Company’s activities and successes.
- Prepares go-to-market strategies, defines pricing and identifies initiatives or opportunities that accelerate the Company’s access to long term revenue contracts.
- Manages the preparation of proposals in response to PPA RFPs, or as part of bi-lateral offtake discussions.
- Creates presentations and materials to support external marketing and sales efforts, as well as internal discussions with the Company’s Investment Committee.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years in the energy industry, with 3-5 years working in renewable energy.
- A strong network of renewable energy buyers including corporate buyers, revenue hedge providers, utilities, coops, etc.
- Experience originating, structuring or negotiating traditional renewable energy PPAs (e.g. virtual PPAs); candidates with familiarity and/or experience with more complex or emerging structures are preferred (e.g., caps, collars, proxy gen settlements, etc.).
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization in a positive, collaborative manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including familiarity with proposal and presentation preparation.
- Must be able to uphold highest standards of discretion and confidentiality and exercise good judgment on day-to-day decisions.
- Flexibility in work hours and responsibilities, willingness to work evenings or weekends to assist with closings and during high activity periods.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to travel; requires 30-50% travel.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- Personal accountability and integrity
- Ability to make informed decisions in a quick and nimble fashion
- Comfortable with a work environment that is fast paced and changes quickly
- Ability to work within a team with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic about the renewable energy industry
|Job Category||Project Development|