The Director/Manager of Origination will be a key contributor on the team responsible for originating and structuring long term revenue agreements for renewable energy projects. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of building new business, supporting transactions with energy buyers and/or developing and executing risk management (e.g. hedging) strategies for energy assets. Candidates must have an ability to work independently, possess strong quantitative and communication skills and be well organized with the flexibility to prioritize a rapidly changing workload. The successful candidate will participate in an industry-leading compensation program. The role requires some travel to support customer engagements, industry conferences and meetings with business partners.
- Prepares marketing strategies and drives opportunities that accelerate the Company’s access to long term revenue contracts.
- Negotiates structured transactions with corporate buyers of renewable energy, municipal utilities, coops, utilities, large industrials, retail aggregators and other wholesale customers.
- Maintains a deep understanding of power/energy markets, including an understanding of relevant regulations for regional wholesale energy generation and transmission, state of business within the market, and supply-demand fundamentals
- Displays strong quantitative and analytical skills and can effectively communicate revenue structures to potential customers, Longroad management and third-party capital providers.
- Develops data-based recommendations and solutions that will collectively help the Longroad team assess market opportunity for wind, solar and storage.
- Creates presentations and materials to support external marketing and sales efforts, as well as internal discussions with the Company’s Investment Committee.
- Prepares proposals in response to PPA RFPs, or as part of bi-lateral offtake discussions.
- Represents the Company at industry conferences
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years in the energy industry, with experience working in renewable energy.
- Experience originating, structuring and/or negotiating traditional renewable energy PPAs; candidates familiar with more complex or emerging structures are preferred (e.g., caps, collars, proxy gen settlements, etc.).
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization in a positive, collaborative manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including familiarity with proposal and presentation preparation.
- Must be able to uphold highest standards of discretion and confidentiality and exercise good judgment on day-to-day decisions.
- Flexibility in work hours and responsibilities, willingness to work evenings or weekends to assist with closings and during high activity periods.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to travel; requires 10-25% travel.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- Personal accountability and integrity
- Ability to make informed decisions in a quick and nimble fashion
- Comfortable with a work environment that is fast paced and changes quickly
- Ability to work within a team with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic about the renewable energy industry
- Longroad Energy has a highly competitive compensation program that rewards for success, is paid out of successful deals, and is uncapped.
- The compensation program aligns individual incentives for when the company does well.