The Corporate Paralegal is responsible for supporting the legal department at a fast-paced, rapidly growing company with respect to a broad range of legal, transactional, compliance and administrative matters. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record working directly with in-house attorneys as an in-house corporate paralegal and will have demonstrated experience in contract review and entity management tasks including corporate governance, maintenance of corporate books and records, corporate policy implementation and supporting complex transactions. Must possess good judgment, good verbal skills, strong organizational abilities and a strong ability to prioritize a rapidly changing workload and operate independently with minimal supervision. Reports to VP, Legal based in San Francisco.
- Review, interpret, and assist with negotiations of contract documents, including non-disclosure agreements and master services agreements.
- Managing the formation, maintenance, dissolution, acquisition and disposition of companies, including drafting documents based on existing templates, preparing and maintaining charter documents and foreign qualifications, business registrations and powers of attorney and timely filing statutory reports in all necessary jurisdictions.
- Preparing and maintaining minute books and other corporate records for the Longroad Energy Holdings subsidiaries, including preparing written consents, gathering approvals and signatures, ensuring that all Longroad Energy companies maintain good standing status in various jurisdictions and responding to requests from internal personnel for corporate records and information.
- Coordinate responses to requests by internal and external auditors and maintain records in data room used by external auditors to track corporate minutes and consents.
- Participate in strategic initiatives as needed including preparing and organizing documents, providing due diligence support, data room management, and liaising with third parties.
- Project-specific work as may be assigned from time to time, including providing support to the legal team in handling transactional matters including preparing officer’s certificates and resolutions, obtaining signature pages, providing structure charts using Microsoft PowerPoint and standard organization chart software, obtaining good standing certificates, coordinating with outside counsel to ensure smooth transaction closings, responding to extensive know-your-customer and other regulatory requests of financing counterparties.
- Provide high level paralegal and administrative support with minimal supervision; demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and handle various legal tasks with strong attention to detail. Must have strong written and oral communication skills, ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously within a fast-paced environment.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Paralegal certificate and Notary certification a plus.
Required Work Experience
Minimum of 3-5 years in-house corporate paralegal experience required. Experience at an energy development company a plus.
Must possess strengths in the following areas:
- Exceptional organization skills, strong self-motivator with high attention to detail.
- Excellent time and deadline management skills in fast paced environment, able to prioritize multiple projects and reprioritize quickly and efficiently.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization in a positive, collaborative manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including familiarity with common legal terminology.
- Must be able to uphold highest standards of discretion and confidentiality and exercise good judgment on day-to-day decisions.
- Flexibility in work hours and responsibilities, willingness to work evenings or weekends to assist with closings and during high activity periods.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat required, experience with Citrix Sharefile a plus.