The Construction Manager will be assigned to represent Longroad Energy on site for construction of utility-scale renewable energy projects. On site, the Construction Manager reports to the Project Manager who has full responsibility for the construction of the project. The Construction Manager must be willing to travel and/or relocate based on project location(s)and operate from a field office.
This position serves as the principal point of contact for suppliers, general contractor and subcontractor representatives at the project site.
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities at the project site, including general contractor, subcontractors, vendors, and related work for solar energy projects.
- Oversees construction contractor(s) as the Owner’s representative and primary contact for all construction activities, including the construction of roads, structural components, low and high-voltage electrical works, substation and solar installation at the project site.
- Works with development, finance and project manager regarding subcontracts, scheduling, change orders and controlling cost of project within the approved budget.
- Communicates effectively and responsibly with suppliers, general contractor(s) and subcontractors in the field.
- Responsible for reviewing specifications and drawings, executing site QA/QC activities, and communicating any issues and discrepancies to the appropriate party.
- Prioritizes work in order to meet project goals including deadlines, cost targets and project schedules.
- Participate in the receipt and inspection of equipment and materials.
- Responsible for reviewing and maintaining project records.
- Works as a team player with effective written and oral communication skills.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining safety programs at the jobsite.
- Represent the organization professionally with suppliers, general contractor, subcontractors, landowners, vendors, utilities, local officials, and other project stakeholders.
- Willing to travel frequently and/or relocate to job-sites in multiple states every 6-12 months.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 6 years (prefer 8 to 10 years) experience as a “stand alone” Site Manager with project size from $10 million to over $200 million.
- Project experience must include heavy civil or electrical projects, preferably multi-disciplined/complex renewable energy projects.
- Successful track record in highway, road, drainage and large commercial/industrial structural components and/or high-voltage utility construction.
- Demonstrated understanding of plans and specifications for civil and electrical work.
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, and problem-solving techniques.
- Conversant with computers and possesses working knowledge of MS Office, MS Project, and document management systems; e.g. Microsoft SharePoint, Dropbox, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee union and open shop site construction.
- Working knowledge of OSHA requirements.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Disciplined in following protocols and procedures.
- Embraces the use of technology for fulfilling job responsibilities.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- A collaborative style and a can-do attitude.
- Comfortable with fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to solve problems and make informed decisions quickly.
- Attentive to details and efficient.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about alternative energy.
- Integrity and accountability.