The purpose of this position is to perform the efficient and safe completion of all balance of plant duties and responsibilities tied to the wind farm, this shall include but not be limited to; site road maintenance, ROW maintenance, HV maintenance, substation maintenance, maintenance to support equipment. This also includes assuring and documenting compliance with all codes, regulations and contracts.
Location: Star County, TX
- Perform Balance of Plant (BOP) inspections to assure environmental and regulatory compliance.
- Perform and/or supervise all necessary repairs as required to site grounds and mechanicals.
- Perform pre-winter maintenance on all critical equipment.
- Provide scope, secure bids, and manage third party activities for install/repair when outsourcing as required as per Longroad standards.
- Document activity and forward reports on all field activity.
- Maintain all site vehicles per required maintenance schedules.
- Confirm equipment requirements for BOP equipment with Operations Manager.
- Perform necessary Balance of Plant work required.
- Confirm WTG downtime is minimized during BOP maintenance per protocol.
- Perform QC, O&M and repair activities as directed by Operations Manager.
- Perform QC inspection on WTG in support of the Site Turbine Manager as directed by Operations Manager.
- Technical 2-4 year college degree or comparable certifications preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in related field preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office, Outlook, Adobe, etc. Strong computer skills required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- 24/7 on-call availability.
- Comfortable working at heights and the ability to perform essential physical functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation; this includes climbing 300’ wind turbines, lifting 50 lbs. above head, and meeting the weight requirement of safety gear, 310 lbs. or less.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- Personal accountability and Integrity
- Ability to make informed decisions in a quick and nimble fashion
- Comfortable with a work environment that is fast paced and changes quickly
- Ability to work within a team with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic about the renewable energy industry