The Associate/Analyst, Origination & Development Operations will be responsible for supporting the Origination and Development Operations team at a fast-paced, rapidly growing renewable energy company. The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative and communication skills and will be flexible given the position’s variety of projects and tasks.
- Support the origination of long-term structured renewable energy transactions.
- Develop customer and marketing plans for various segments (e.g., corporates, utilities, etc.).
- Lead the preparation of written proposals in response to Request for Proposals for renewable energy Power Purchase Agreements.
- Create and maintain marketing materials for presentation to customers, partners, etc.
- Manage database(s) to track RFP and proposal status, and other marketing activities.
- Participate at industry conferences, meetings and site visits.
- Support the Company’s strategic plan through management and reporting of Longroad’s development activities, renewable energy pipeline, status and schedule of projects, etc.
- Perform market research to identify market opportunities and risks.
- Prepare analysis and materials for management, Investment Committee and the Board.
- Assist in the creation and execution of wind, solar and energy storage development plans.
- Support M&A activities (e.g. opportunity screening, due diligence, internal approvals).
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional work experience in the energy industry and/or experience in a corporate development, management consulting, banking or other relevant position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization in a positive, collaborative manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including familiarity with proposal and presentation preparation.
- Must be able to uphold highest standards of discretion and confidentiality and exercise good judgment on day-to-day decisions.
- Flexibility in work hours and responsibilities.
- Position requires limited travel (~10%).
- Master’s Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or a related field is a plus
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience; renewable energy experience is preferred (but not required)
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative abilities, with a deep understanding of Microsoft Excel.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- Comfortable with a work environment that is fast paced and changes quickly
- Enthusiastic about the renewable energy industry
- Ability to work within a team with a positive attitude
- Personal accountability and integrity