This position will work as part of the fast-paced accounting team and be responsible for a variety of accounting responsibilities including A/P invoice entries.
- Processing of AP Invoices to correct general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for obtaining invoice approval and tracking unapproved invoices.
- Maintain support for invoices and any disputed amounts.
- Reconcile monthly credit card statement to receipt support.
- Post manual payments to AP invoices.
- Assist with special projects in accounting or other areas.
- Assist with daily mail distribution.
- Serve as back up for processing of expense reports.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Thorough understanding of internal accounting controls
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, functions, practices, and procedures within the accounting function
- Exceptional PC and spreadsheet skills (essential)
- Experience with Sage X3 preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office 2007/ Excel 2007.
- Consistently meets strict deadlines.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- A collaborative style and a can do attitude.
- Comfortable with fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about alternative energy.
- Integrity and accountability.