This position will work as part of the fast-paced accounting team in Longroad Energy’s corporate offices in Boston. The Accountant will be responsible for a variety of accounting responsibilities including but not limited to bank reconciliations, assisting in preparation of project monthly financials, balance sheet analysis, month-end close process and design and generate financial and analytical reports. This person will be available to work on ad hoc requests and assist the accounting team with various projects and tasks. The Accountant must have a strong grasp of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Company and subsidiary bank reconciliations. Assist in the preparation of the project monthly financial package.
- Produce analysis to support the understanding of the monthly financial statements.
- Conduct balance sheet analysis and reconciliation.
- Assist with month-end close process.
- Generate journal entries requiring judgment and analysis.
- Work with external auditors.
- Lead or assist with special projects in finance or accounting or other areas.
- Design and generate financial and analytical reports.
- Prepare consolidation entries.
- Perform a variety of ad hoc assignments working directly with senior management.
- Calculate, record and monitor revenues in accordance with contractual obligations related to energy production for each facility.
- Maintain the fixed asset sub-ledger for the portfolio of wind farms (book & tax).
- Record the necessary month-end transactions related to project debt for the portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, with a strong GPA
- 0-2 years of accounting experience
- Thorough understanding of internal accounting controls
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, functions, practices, and procedures within the accounting function
- Exceptional PC and Excel skills (essential)
- Experience with Sage X3 and Blackline preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- A collaborative style and a can-do attitude.
- Comfortable with fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about alternative energy.
- Integrity and accountability.