The purpose of this position is to perform the efficient and safe operating and maintenance of multiple solar generating facilities from DG to utility scale including troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining mechanical and electrical systems.
There are two openings for this role. One is to be located in the EL Paso TX, or Las Cruces, NM area and the second in the Bakersfield, CA area.
- Perform maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, balance of plant and operational activities on fixed and single axis solar tracking systems, collection lines, combiner boxes and panels.
- Working knowledge of monitoring systems SCADA and DAS.
- Responsible for site inventory accountability and replenishment.
- Demonstrate work planning skills, activity scheduling and follow up to assure work compliance.
- Demonstrate procedural compliance in all site operation and maintenance activities by following established procedures.
- Ensure site equipment is kept at the highest possible standard maximizing availability, reliability, efficiency, and profitability.
- Coordinate Switching and Curtailments with the Remote Operations Center.
- Effectively communicate with all members of the team and/or subcontractors as required.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner to ensure adherence to all Longroad policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Report all scheduled and unscheduled work performed.
- Required to be on call as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Willing to work a 60 hour per week + if required including nights for certain maintenance activities.
- Able to work overtime and non-standard hours (nights/weekends)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Travel as needed.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in operations and maintenance of a solar facility including balance of plant (BOP) activities.
- Experience troubleshooting hydraulic, mechanical, electrical systems, combiner boxes, inverters, etc.
- Able to perform quality control inspections and create reports on work completed by contractors or other techs performing work on site.
- Familiarity with CPR, First Aid, Hydraulics, Voltage Test Procedures, Lock Out – Tag Out, Infrared Testers, Multimeters, Amp Clamps, Megohmmeters and torquing and tensioning procedures.
- Able to identify and classify problems, critically evaluate data, establish facts and put forth conclusions.
- Proficient computer and software skills including Microsoft Office products.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions including but not limited to: excessive noise, extreme heat, extreme cold, wet environment, and humidity.
- Ability to frequently utilize hand functions requiring fine motor skills including but not limited to fine manipulation, grasping, and pinching.
- Ability to frequently utilize gross motor skills including but not limited to: pushing, pulling, and reaching.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry objects weighing 25 pounds or less such as inverters or ladders.
- Ability to transport materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks (up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds with assistance).
- Technical 2 college degree or comparable solar industry certification training.
- Candidates with knowledge of OHSA 10, NFPA 70e and NABCEP Certification preferred.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- A collaborative style and a can-do attitude.
- Comfortable with fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about alternative energy.
- Integrity and accountability.