This position will oversee and manage all operations and maintenance activities at two (2) large Utility Solar facilities consisting of 709MWDC in accordance with both the BOP agreement and subcontractor O&M agreement. This includes day-to-day operation, maintenance, fiscal and administrative functions in line with corporate strategies and objectives while ensuring and nurturing safety of all personnel and equipment after project turnover to operations.
- Work closely with regional and department management, providing on-site oversight and supervision of the asset
- Maintain compliance with all EHS plans and regulatory standards to ensure a strong on-site safety culture including the administration, application and monitoring of safety programs. This includes the safety requirement for all contractors, subcontractors, owner’s personnel and any other visitors.
- Ensure (and develop) best utility practices and controls in coordination with internal and external resources up to and including the O&M Provider and the Inverter, Tracker and Module OEMs.
- Provide monitoring and oversight of all on-site contractors including the O&M Provider and any/all BOP contractors. For BOP contractors this includes hiring, managing and coordinating BOP O&M functions in a manner to minimize plant downtime and losses, maximize availability and work to maximize generation/revenue.
- Develop and/or assist with development of procedures and policies.
- Partner with Procurement to source and manage on-site spare parts and consumables
- Maintain all onsite records and documentation in an accurate and up to date manner, including but not limited to records for maintenance and site permit compliance.
- Provide support with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting needed for Management.
- Manage site level budget and P&Ls, work to reduce costs and increase production as to be reasonably expected. This includes developing and tracking the monthly, quarterly and annual budgets.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all vendors and OEMs.
- Maintain and ensure teams are maintaining accurate site records of all events and day to day activities.
- Aid in the development of new business opportunities for the company.
- Attend meetings as a company representative as required.
- Prepare and present reports and presentations as required.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
- Travel as required.
- 3 years’ experience in wind or solar energy operations. Traditional generation experience considered.
- Demonstrated ability managing a team.
- Experience with planning and implementing routine O&M plans as well as minor and major corrective work.
- Ability to work proactively and productively with limited supervision.
- Disciplined in following protocols and procedures.
- Prior contract negotiation, execution and management experience.
- Experience with environmental and governmental compliance.
- NABCEP, OSHA 10 and/or NFPA 70e certification preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- 24/7 on call availability.
- Must be commutable to Andrews, TX.
- Technical college degree or comparable industry training and certificates.
- Prior supervisory experience.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- Personal accountability and integrity
- Ability to make informed decisions in a quick and nimble fashion
- Comfortable with a work environment that is fast paced and changes quickly
- Ability to work within a team with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic about the renewable energy industry