The Tax Manager will work with the existing tax team on all tax compliance matters related to Longroad Energy and its affiliates. Compliance matters predominately include federal and state income tax filings for U.S. partnerships. The Tax Manager will report to the current Tax Manager in a fast paced, growing renewable energy company.
- Oversee outside tax accounting firms in the performance of their duties as preparers of U.S. federal and state income tax returns.
- Calculate quarterly taxable income for all regarded entities and provide information to our outside accounting firms to prepare returns, extensions, estimates, etc.
- Review deliverables prepared by the outside accounting firms.
- Maintain the income tax compliance calendar.
- Prepare quarterly and annual tax workpapers for outside audit and tax firms.
- Prepare quarterly tax estimates for equity investors.
- Research complex tax issues and determine impact on projects and investors.
- Assist with audits by various federal and state taxing authorities.
- Develop and maintain proper policies and procedures for tax department.
- 5 years prior experience in tax compliance with U.S. partnerships.
- Solid tax technical skills, strong analytical and organizational skills, and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting required.
- Must be well organized and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- CPA/MST is a plus.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- A collaborative style and a can-do attitude.
- Comfortable with fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about alternative energy.
- Integrity and accountability.