This position will oversee and manage all operations and maintenance activities in accordance with applicable O&M agreements. The right candidate will lead a team of internal technicians, joining them in the field as needed. This includes providing operational readiness support from construction to commercial operations as well as managing the day-to-day operation, maintenance, fiscal and administrative functions in line with corporate strategies and objectives while ensuring and nurturing safety of all personnel and equipment after project turnover to operations.
- Work closely with regional and department management, providing on-site and remote oversight and supervision of the assets.
- Maintain compliance with all EHS plans and regulatory standards to ensure a strong on-site safety culture including the administration, application, and monitoring of safety programs. This includes the safety requirement for all contractors, subcontractors, owner’s personnel, and any other visitors.
- Ensure (and develop) best practices and controls in coordination with internal and external resources up to and including the O&M Provider and the Inverter, Tracker and Module OEMs.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations in all concerns, including but not limited to; environmental, NERC/FERC, local laws and regulations.
- Interact with local utilities, regulatory agencies, local government/community, and landowners.
- Provide monitoring and oversight of all on-site and remote contractors including the O&M Provider and any/all BOP contractors. For BOP contractors this includes hiring, managing, and coordinating BOP O&M functions in a manner to minimize plant downtime and losses, maximize availability and work to maximize generation/revenue.
- Develop and/or assist with development of procedures and policies.
- Responsible for ensuring a smooth transition of projects to operations (where applicable), up to and including involvement in projects during the development and construction phases.
- Partner with Procurement to source and manage on-site spare parts and consumables.
- Maintain all onsite records and documentation in an accurate and up to date manner, including but not limited to records for maintenance and site permit compliance.
- Provide support with monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting needed for Management.
- Manage site level budget and P&Ls, work to reduce costs and increase production as to be reasonably expected. This includes developing and tracking the monthly, quarterly and annual budgets.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all vendors and OEMs.
- Maintain and ensure teams are maintaining accurate site records of all events and day to day activities.
- Aid in the development of new business opportunities for the company.
- Attend meetings as a company representative as required.
- Prepare and present reports and presentations as required.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
- Travel as required.
- Technical college degree or comparable industry training and certificates strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years’ experience in wind or solar energy operations. Traditional generation experience considered.
- Demonstrated ability managing a large team.
- Experience managing distributed generation with legacy equipment/OEMs.
- 3 + experience with planning and implementing routine O&M plans as well as minor and major corrective work.
- Ability to work proactively and productively with limited supervision.
- Disciplined in following protocols and procedures0
- Prior contract negotiation, execution and management experience.
- Experience with environmental and governmental compliance.
- Valid driver’s license.
- 24/7 on call availability.
- Hands on experience working on solar with a desire to perform in field work as needed.
- Must be commutable to Mendota, CA.
- Experience working within Work Order management systems.
- Experience reporting to senior management the performance of assets.
- NABCEP, OSHA 10 and/or NFPA 70e certification preferred.
- Training from solar inverter manufacturers for troubleshooting and repair.
Characteristics Necessary for Success
- Personal accountability and integrity
- Ability to make informed decisions in a quick and nimble fashion
- Comfortable with a work environment that is fast paced and changes quickly
- Ability to work within a team with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic about the renewable energy industry