To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
Location: Portland, ME, Boston, MA or San Francisco, CA
This position will oversee and manage the operations and maintenance activities at smaller solar energy power generation facilities across a wide geographical area on behalf of Longroad Energy. The C&I Solar Manager will oversee, and be responsible for solar facilities across the US and will directly manager plant / area managers or subcontractors to this end. Ensuring compliance with all regulations, permits and contracts is a top priority.
· Ensure all site personnel and contractors observe and participate in the development of a high standard of safety and health and environmental awareness and performance
· Help to, or directly develop the structure, procedures, policies objectives and goals in line with corporate goals, culture and code of conduct.
· Work to ensure the smooth transition of projects from construction to operations, up to and including involvement in projects during the development and construction phases. This shall include the transition of projects that are integrated into LES from M&A activities.
· Hire, train, supervise and evaluate the performance of team members both directly and indirectly managed within respective region. Includes providing input to management on corporate, department and regional / site level goals.
· Manage regional and site level budgets and P&Ls, work to reduce costs and increase production as to be reasonably expected
· Maintain a good working relationship with all vendors and OEMs
· Maintain and ensure team and contractors are maintaining accurate site records of all events and day to day activities
· Serve as the lead for warranty tracking and claims for C&I projects
· Serve as the lead in developing and executing a spare parts strategy for C&I projects
· Able to resolve employee problems quickly and efficiently with aid from HR.
· Aid in the development of new business opportunities for the company
· Attend meetings as a company representative as required
· Prepare and present reports and presentations as required
· Perform additional tasks as directed by management team
· Travel as required
· 2-4-year college degree or comparable industry training and certificates
· Experience in wind and solar energy operations and maintenance (5-7 years). Traditional generation experience considered
· Experience in managing a large, geographically diverse team across multiple time zones and in different energy markets
· Contract negotiation, execution and management experience
· Experience with environmental and governmental compliance
· Computer proficiency required
· Able to work at heights – up to and including the wind turbines (~300 feet). Able to lift 50 lbs above head, and meeting the safety weight of climbing safety gear (310 lbs or less)
· Valid driver’s license and able to drive in/out of Canada
· 24/7 on call availability
Characteristics Necessary for Success
· Personal accountability and integrity
· Ability to make informed decisions in a quick and nimble fashion
· Comfortable with a work environment that is fast paced and changes quickly
· Ability to work within a team with a positive attitude
· Enthusiastic about the renewable energy industry